Snake in 'Hiss' is my best on-screen lover: Mallika

Image



Bollywood siren Mallika Sherawat, who has locked lips with many actors in her movies, says the snake that she kissed in herlatest film 'Hiss' is the actress' "best on-screen lover till date".

"The snake in Hiss has been my best on-screen lover till date," said the svelte actress, who was at a mall here to promote her latestmovie Hiss.

Sherawat, who plays an ichadhari nagin (a snake woman) in the movie, said she is not scared of serpents, but the slithery creatures are afraid of her.

"They are in fact scared of me. Here I was shooting in Kerala, crawling in mud with the slithery snake in my hand with the director shouting Mallika you are supposed to kiss the snake, and here I was locking my lips with it".

Dressed in casual dark blue jeans and a Grey T-shirt, a far cry from the daring dresses she wears on-screen, Sherawat went down memory lane and she had earlier acted in a Kannada movie "Preethi Yeke Bhoomi Mel Ide" (Why is love on earth), shot on the roads of Bangalore.
"I love this city, which has shown a lot of love to me, the kind of response that I got from the people here (is fantastic)". On the script of Hiss, which has special effects by Hollywood experts, Sherawat claimed, "Though the subject and story is very old, the treatment is very contemporary. No such film has been made in the past 24 years".
She described as torturous having to spend long hours wearing a slithery, rubbery tight body suit and also the time for make-up.

Mallika said she draws inspiration from yesteryears famous actresses like Sridevi and Reena Roy who have essayed such roles.

To a question on her brother objecting to her "bold scenes" in the film, she quipped "he keeps objecting... but when do I listen to him".

Recounting her experience with Hollywood movie "Love Barack", she said "Hollywood is not judgmental. There is no nepotism. Everyone gets a fair chance, that's the appeal".

"I love Barack Obama. He is my hero", she said.

On being compared to Bollywood "item girl" Rakhi Sawant, Sherawat shirked - "I do not judge anybody. I am not judgmental".

The actress also praised the public and said "I am what I am because of people like you, the common man, my loving fans who buytickets to watch my movies with their hard earned money".